Our ServicesPEDIATRICS||INTERNAL MEDICINEOur services are tailored for our community. We offer internal medicine care and pediatric care.
We offer EPSDT, vaccines, physicals, and allergy shots.
Our family and pediatric care provider is Carla Baxley, FNP.
We provide services such as vaccines, annual check-ups, DOT physicals, and wound care.
Dr. Douyon is our primary provider for internal medicine.
Added in Bayou La Batre Area Health Development Board, Inc. in 1985, Southwest Alabama Health Services serves residents of Washington County. Our clinic has two providers and six-person support staff. We are so proud to call McIntosh our home and to help better the lives of our patients.
Call (251) 944-2842 to make an appointment
SWAHS has two providers. Dr. Huguette Douyon is our internal medicine provider while Carla Baxley, FNP provides family and pediatric care. Call (251) 944-2842 to make an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your insurance card and a valid form of ID.
We accept the following insurance:
- Advantra Freedom
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fox Everett
- Great West
- Healthspring of Alabama (only at MMC)
- United Healthcare
- Viva Health
- All other private insurance
Sliding Fee Discount Program
Patients may apply to the sliding fee discount program based on their income and size of family. The coverage does NOT apply to :
- Lab Work (labs sent out of MMC or SWAHS) NOTE: The patient is responsible for paying discounted Lab Corp fee plus office visit at the time of service
- Hospital charges
- Workman’s compensation cases
- DOT physicals
- In some situations, charges payable to Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, or any third-party users may be eligible for a discount.
Patients are required to complete an application. Requirements are as follows:
- All verification information must be from the patient or head of household
- Submit one month of the most recent payroll check stub, a statement from current employer, proof of any other income received (child support, SSI, alimony, etc.), or W-2 forms
- Submit three (3) letters from non-relatives verifying the patient is not employed.
- The program is renewed annually. Changes in family and income must be reported.
Call our regular number, (251) 824-2174. There is a physician on call for 24 hours.