Our ServicesPEDIATRICS||INTERNAL MEDICINE||OB/GYN||OPTOMETRY||PSYCHIATRYWith a wide range of services here at MMC, so you do not have to travel across town to get blood work or an x-ray done! Along with providing internal medicine, pediatric care, women’s health services, and mental health services, we have two on-site labs, OBGYN ultrasound, and x-rays.
Mostellar Medical Center’s pediatric wing provides services for our younger community members. With three doctors and one pediatric nurse practitioner, we ensure the best care.
We offer services like annual check-ups, physicals, vaccinations. We offer Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) for those enrolled in Medicaid. We have a friendly staff and a comfortable waiting room. We also provide a well child and new baby area for those who need it.
We have two doctors and two Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNP) here at MMC.
Our front lobby offers comfortable surroundings and friendly staff. We have a lab on-site to do blood work and other needed labs. Our department can also perform X-rays and EKG’s.
Mostellar’s OB/GYN department is staffed with one CRNP and two visiting doctors from USA Children and Women’s Hospital who come on Mondays and Tuesdays.
You can receive your annual check-up here, along with pregnancy services. Birth control is also available. We also offer ultrasounds on Mondays. We offer a comfortable waiting room as well!
Mental health is just as important to our lives as our physical health.
Our behavoral health team can help.
We have one optometrist on-site for eye health and vision services.
We offer comprehensive eye exams, glaucoma evaluations, diabetic evaluations, and retinal photos.
Opened in 1978, Mostellar Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to south Mobile County. We offer various services to help better serve our community. With 17 providers and over a 90 person support staff, we’re proud to make people healthier in our area.
Call (251) 824-2174 to make an appointment
Our providers are committed to you. Quality health care is our mission here at MMC and our providers embody it as well. We have 17 providers in five different areas of health. Call (251) 824-2174 to make an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your insurance card and a valid form of ID.
We accept the following insurance:
- Advantra Freedom
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fox Everett
- Great West
- Healthspring of Alabama (only at MMC)
- United Healthcare
- Viva Health
- All other private insurance
Sliding Fee Discount Program
Patients may apply to the sliding fee discount program based on their income and size of family. The coverage does NOT apply to :
- Lab Work (labs sent out of MMC or SWAHS) NOTE: The patient is responsible for paying discounted Lab Corp fee plus office visit at the time of service
- Hospital charges
- Workman’s compensation cases
- DOT physicals
- In some situations, charges payable to Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, or any third-party users may be eligible for a discount.
Patients are required to complete an application. Requirements are as follows:
- All verification information must be from the patient or head of household
- Submit one month of the most recent payroll check stub, a statement from current employer, proof of any other income received (child support, SSI, alimony, etc.), or W-2 forms
- Submit three (3) letters from non-relatives verifying the patient is not employed.
- The program is renewed annually. Changes in family and income must be reported.
Call our regular number, (251) 824-2174. There is a physician on call for 24 hours.