To provide quality, culturally competent primary and preventative health services to the residents of south Mobile and Washington Counties of Alabama without regard to their ability to pay.
Questions regarding payment?
Bayou La Batre Area Health Development Board, Inc. is dedicated to helping our patients. We offer a sliding fee discount program, prescription assistance and accept almost every form of insurance.
Digital X-ray and EKG
Ultrasound for OB Patients
Wellness and Annual Exams
Substance Abuse Counseling
Medicaid/ Marketplace Assistors
WIC Outreach Assistance
Prescription Assistance Program
340B Prescription Assistance
Patient Assistant Program
Patient assistance programs are run by pharmaceutical companies to provide free medications to people who cannot afford to buy their medicine. Mostellar Medical Center has two PAP clerks that assist the patient in completing the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mostellar Medical Center Location
Send resumes to email@example.com
Call our regular number, (251) 824-2174. There is a physician on call for 24 hours.
Your insurance card and a valid form of ID.
We accept the following insurance:
- Advantra Freedom
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fox Everett
- Great West
- Healthspring of Alabama (only at MMC)
- United Healthcare
- Viva Health
- All other private insurance
Sliding Fee Discount Program
Patients may apply to the sliding fee discount program based on their income and size of family. The coverage does NOT apply to :
- Lab Work (labs sent out of MMC or SWAHS) NOTE: The patient is responsible for paying discounted Lab Corp fee plus office visit at the time of service
- Hospital charges
- Workman’s compensation cases
- DOT physicals
- In some situations, charges payable to Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, or any third-party users may be eligible for a discount.
Patients are required to complete an application. Requirements are as follows:
- All verification information must be from the patient or head of household
- Submit one month of the most recent payroll check stub, a statement from current employer, proof of any other income received (child support, SSI, alimony, etc.), or W-2 forms
- Submit three (3) letters from non-relatives verifying the patient is not employed.
- The program is renewed annually. Changes in family and income must be reported.